Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday

Well, it's Sunday evening folks. I'd like to say that I went to church today and sung hymns, but I did not. Nope, instead I went to Babies R Us and looked at cribs. And then I went to Leawood and saw how the other half lives. But it was nice, they gave me some Coronas. This evening, Allie and I watched 3:10 to Yuma which was a pretty good movie. I haven't watched a cowboy movie in a long time, and I have to say that it was definitely worth the time and money spent on it.

Overall, it's been a pretty fantastic weekend. It's been a weekend full of those epiphanies I tend to have, which is not a word associated with manliness, although it should be. I believe that if men allowed themselves to have ephiphanies more often, they'd spend less time having to have attorneys. Too often men ignore that small, quiet voice and write it off as indigestion or possibly the Jim Beam talking.

A riding lawn mower cannot drive out the sound of reason. Or maybe it can. But one should not allow it to. And no man lives by sawdust and grass clippings alone. I don't care how nice of a shed you have.

I raise my glass to all who can endure an afternoon of crib shopping. Some of those cribs can make a man feel inadequate about his own bed. Seriously, my baby will have a convertible bed, and I cannot even allow myself to dream about the word covertible...

No comments: