Saturday, August 2, 2008

Math?

Alright, it's Saturday. It's freaking hot in KC. This is really the hottest it's been, so I can't complain too much. But Jesus, it's hot. And it's only going to get hotter over the next couple of days. And unfortunately, the only thing that makes it tolerable is sex.

Anyways, so Jackson starts school again soon and apparently needs one of those crazy calculators that does things that no one ever has to do after they pass the one math class that they have to take in college (unless of course you're a science or math major). I thought to myself, I used to have one of those fancy calculators, but I have no clue what happened to it. The last time I remember using it was in 1993 in College Algebra at Michigan State University. I only passed that class because there were like 30 sections which were all graded on one curve. So, I got a 57 and ended up with the 2.0 I needed to never have to take math again. I can hazard a guess and say that I probably traded my calculator for either pot or LSD. That whole first year at MSU is a little fuzzy and made abosolutely no sense. I know that I did not do well in school and that I lost about 25lbs. There are strange memories of gay people covered in birthday cake and playing bowling with pumpkins down the hallway.

But seriously, no one needs one of those damn fancy calculators anyway. And to be perfectly honest, I don't think that most people need to take math past the 8th grade. I mean seriously, how often have you ever used letters in your mathematic equations when figuring out your checkbook?

Ok, I'm going to watch a movie that does not requird math or understanding imaginary numbers.

Peace.

No comments: