Monday, May 12, 2008

Nothing Like Moving


Ahh...I can tell it's (Monday, Soom-waar, Doshanbeh, yawm-al-ithnayn, Kamal, Boomtime) by the insanity in the air. I hope y'all had a good weekend. I spent mine moving Ms. Allie M. and boy was it fun. No major injuries and only minor residual soreness. But I can safely say that I am physically exhausted. As I'm sure you know, yesterday was Mothers' Day, so I hope you told your mom that you love her. I didn't but that's because I have a weird relationship with my mom and we don't say those sorts of things to each other. I did, however, finally tell her about my "situation" in regards to Ms. Allie M. Her response was to tell me about her new Great Dane's obsession with eating kleenex. Nothing like a good heart-to-heart with Mrs. Williams. But, it's all out there now. And speaking of parents, I got to meet Allie's dad this weekend for the first time, which went just fine, I think. Being that I was out of the office on Friday and nowhere near either cable TV or the internet, I feel like I have no idea what's going on outside of the move. Apparently an earthquake's devestated a region in China and people in Myanmar are dropping like flies in the aftermath of last week's cyclone. Sucks to be in SE Asia.


In 1191 Richard I "the Lionheart" of England married Berengaria of Navarre (Spain). It is rumored that Richard may have been leaning towards the other team and actually had the hots for Berengaria's brother Sancho VII. I'm not sure this plays into the romantic notion which the English held for their Lionheart, or the one which was depicted in the 1935 movie "The Crusade" which featured the above mentioned wedding. But, hey, who's to deny the king of England some man-love? In 1328 the antipope Nicholas V was coronated in Rome. In 1364 the oldest university in Poland, Jageillonian Univ., opened. In 1551 the oldest university in the Americas, the National Univ. of San Marcos, opened in Lima, Peru- not to be confused with Lima, OH. In 1932 the Lindbergh baby was found dead in Hopewell, NJ. In 1942 1500 Jews were sent to the gas chambers at Auschwitz. And in 1982 an assassination attempt on Pope John Paul II by a rogue priest was thwarted in Fatima, Portugal.


Today is International Nurses' Day. Please, ladies, kindly dress in sexy nurses outfits. This will remind us to thank nurses who care for us and always seem to have affairs with doctors- at least on tv and in most every hospital and doctor's office.


It is also the Day of Finnishness. One must ask oneself, "What does it mean to be Finnish?" I have no idea as I am not Finnish. Do you know anyone who is Finnish? If you do, you should ask them, "Pray tell, what does it mean to be Finnish?" If anyone finds out, please send in your discoveries.


It is also Whit Monday. This is a movable feast in Christianity celebrated the day after Pentecost.


Happy Birthday: King Gustav I of Sweden (dead); Florence Nightengale; Katharine Hepburn; Yogi Berra; Burt Bacharach (fr. KC, MO); George Carlin, who is a funny man; Gabriel Byrne; Ving Rhames; Emilio Estevez, where are you?; Stephen Baldwin; and the most successful skateboarder ever, Tony Hawk.


Enjoy your day...I won't because the King and Queen of Cheese are here to make the employees tremble.

No comments: